Schedules will be mailed home mid-Aug.
Aug. 21, 2018 – LAST DAY to change your schedule. No schedule changes will be made after this date unless there is an error in the schedule or an identified educational need.
Counselors will be in school Aug. 13-17 to assist students with schedules changes. Contact counselors by e-mail, phone or in person.
IMPORTANT: SCHEDULES MAY CHANGE. CHECK POWERSCHOOL THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR YOUR FINAL SCHEDULE.
20 Questions to Ask Your School Counselor
- What courses do I need to take to be ready for college?
- How should I plan my schedule so I'll complete them?
- Which elective courses should I consider taking?
- Which AP courses should I consider taking?
- When is the PSAT/NMSQ going to be given?
- How should I study for the SAT/ACT, and is it given at this high school?
- Do you have any college planning sessions scheduled?
- Do you have college handbooks or other guides that I can browse or borrow?
- What activities can I do at home and over the summer to get ready for college?
- What kinds of grades to different colleges require?
- Are there any college fairs at this school or nearby?
- What colleges do other kids from our school go to?
- What are the requirements or standards for National Honor Society?
- Can you put me in touch with recent grads who are going to the colleges on my wish list?
- Do you have any information to help me start exploring careers?
- If my colleges need a recommendation from you, how can I help you know me better, so it can be more personal?
- Are there any special scholarships or awards that I should know about now, so I can work toward them?
- Can I see my transcript as it stands now, to see if everything is as I think it should be?
- What forms do I use to apply for financial aid and where can I find them online?
- How does our school compare to others in terms of test scores and reputation?